- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
- Write a Review
- #K83559 000000000 K83559000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/12/2017;Notes:LP version. PMG present a reissue of Robo Arigo & His Konastone Majesty's Sexy Thing, originally released in 1982. "Rob...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/12/2017;Notes:LP version. PMG present a reissue of Robo Arigo & His Konastone Majesty's Sexy Thing, originally released in 1982. "Robo Arigo is an extraordinary multi-instrumentalist from Nigeria's Ogun State. A founding member of Pogo Ltd, he played bass, guitar, and organ on both their albums and plays all kinds of instruments, including cowbell, on Sexy Thing too. One listen to the record, however, (and a quick look at the back of the cover), and it's pretty clear that playing bass is where Robo's heart lay. Especially when he gets to slap it. The slapping starts early on 'Konastone Ponk', a dippy, funky track where Robo implores that if his music 'touches your soul, get up and dance.' The interplay between bass and guitar is magic - it's clear that Eno Louis is Nile Rodgers to Robo's Rick James, with a bit of Prince and Parliament thrown in for good measure. The funk feels dark and dangerous on 'Girls Reservation' and gets seriously slinky on 'Sexy Thing'. I can't over emphasis what a truly great album this is. The sound is clean and the production is stripped back and funky, a sound Robo would finesse as a producer with his Robbosoneex Music Company in Benin. Listen to the audacious cover of 'Get Up Stand Up', and tell me that you're not convinced that very Bob Marley song needs a slap bass break in the middle. You need this record in your life." -Peter Moore
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.