- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sheila Jordan - Portrait of Sheila
- Write a Review
- K59051 000000000 K59051000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/06/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP repressing of this 1963 album from the jazz vocalist. This LP reissue is part of Blue Note's 75th anniversary ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/06/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP repressing of this 1963 album from the jazz vocalist. This LP reissue is part of Blue Note's 75th anniversary celebration. Portrait Of Sheila is the debut album by Sheila Jordan. In the 1963 Down Beat magazine Critics Poll, she was ranked first in the vocal category for Talent Deserving Wider Recognition. According to the sleeve notes (written by Nat Hentoff), Alfred Lion of Blue Note decided to record Jordan after hearing her sing at the Page Three Club in Greenwich Village, New York, even though the label "had as a policy not recorded jazz vocalists before". Track 4, "Dat Dere", showcases Jordan's predilection for performing voice and bass duets. According to biographer Ellen Johnson, Jordan originally wanted to devote Portrait of Sheila entirely to bass and voice, but the idea was turned down by Blue Note.;Track List:1. Falling in Love with Love;2. If You Could See Me Now;3. Am I Blue;4. Dat Dere;5. When the World Was Young;6. Let's Face the Music and Dance;7. Laugh Clown Laugh;8. Who Can I Turn To?;9. Baltimore Oriole;10. I'm a Fool to Want You;11. Hum Drum Blues;12. Willow Weep for Me;Special Attributes:REISSUE
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.