- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Son House - Father Of Folk Blues
- Write a Review
- L33931 000000000 L33931000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/06/2018;Notes:200 gm vinyl LP pressing at 45 RPM. Mississippi's Son House was already legendary for a small collection of live field ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/06/2018;Notes:200 gm vinyl LP pressing at 45 RPM. Mississippi's Son House was already legendary for a small collection of live field recordings made by folklorist Alan Lomax in 1941 and 1942, and for having taught some important licks to both Robert Johnson and Muddy Waters, before he was rediscovered by a new generation of college-age fans after many years of musical dormancy in 1964. The "Father of the Delta Blues" recorded this namesake LP for Columbia Records a year later in 1965. The historic songs have become, in the words of Living Blues magazine - "Essential recordings by one of the greatest bluesmen ever." The John Hammond produced 9-song set is comprised of eight Son House originals including the 9-minute plus closing track "Levee Camp Moan" along with the lone traditional "John the Revelator." Also includes contributions from guitarist/harmonica player and Canned Heat founding member Al Wilson who actually helped Son House relearn his material for the sessions!;Track List:1. Death Letter Blues;2. Pearline;3. Louise McGhee;4. John the Revelator;5. Empire State Express;6. Preachin' Blues;7. Grinnin' in Your Face;8. Sundown;9. Levee Camp Moan;10. Motherless Children (Bonus Track);Special Attributes:200 GRAM VINYL, 45 RPM
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.