- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sonny Rollins - Plays for Bird
- Write a Review
- #K85872 000000000 K85872000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:01/13/2015;Notes:EU-only 180gm vinyl LP pressing including bonus track and digital download. ROLLINS PLAYS FOR BIRD was Sonny's homage t...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:01/13/2015;Notes:EU-only 180gm vinyl LP pressing including bonus track and digital download. ROLLINS PLAYS FOR BIRD was Sonny's homage to a genius who passed away before his time (Charlie Parker died aged 34 on March 12, 1955). Taped in October of 1956, Sonny was accompanied by Max Roach, along with the Brown-Roach Quintet's original bassist, George Morrow. Trumpeter Kenny Dorham had already been hired as Clifford Brown's replacement in Roach's group when Rollins' session was recorded. "The House I Live in", which completed the session but wasn't included on the original LP, has been added here as a bonus.;Track List:1. The Bird Medley 26:38;2. Kids Know 11:33;3. I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face 4:50
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.