- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus
- Write a Review
- #K72823 000000000 K72823000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/14/2012;Notes:One of the pivotal recordings in bringing about the widespread acceptance of Sonny Rollins as a major figure, Saxophone...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/14/2012;Notes:One of the pivotal recordings in bringing about the widespread acceptance of Sonny Rollins as a major figure, Saxophone Colossus inspired critics to write scholarly analyses and fans to revel in the hard-swinging invention, humor, and tender-strength balladry. Up to this album, while most musicians recognized Rollins as one of the new influential forces in the jazz of the '50s, most critics were carping at Rollins or damning him with faint praise. "St. Thomas," a traditional West Indian melody which Mal Waldron remembered as "The Carnival," was recorded by many artists after Sonny introduced it here, and it remains a jazz standard today. The contributions of Tommy Flanagan's elegant swing, Doug Watkins's steady lift, and Max Roach's most musical accompaniment and soloing (hear "Blue 7") make this a landmark album. Cut from the analogue masters by renowned mastering engineer Kevin Gray 200-gram pressing by Quality Record Pressings has a flat edge profile and deep groove label, true to the original LP Deluxe high-gloss tip-on album jacket.;Special Attributes:200 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.