- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sonny Rollins - Sound of Sonny
- Write a Review
- #K69372 000000000 K69372000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/02/2014;Notes:2014 special vinyl LP pressing reissue series title commemorating the 65th anniversary of Prestige Records and the 90th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/02/2014;Notes:2014 special vinyl LP pressing reissue series title commemorating the 65th anniversary of Prestige Records and the 90th birthday of legendary recording engineer Rudy Van Gelder. The Sound of Sonny marked a new phase in Sonny Rollins' career. At the time of the album's recording in 1957, the tenor saxophone legend was reaching the height of his powers, having been proclaimed Down-Beat Magazine Critics' Poll "New Star" of the tenor saxophone that very same year. Joined by a variety of accompaniment (Sonny liked to shake it up!), including pianist Sonny Clark, drummer Roy Haynes and bassists Percy Heath and Paul Chambers, Rollins attains a level of freedom in his soloing and rhythmic interplay that only serves to underscore his melodic brilliance. A landmark recording in the development of one of Jazz's true giants of the tenor saxophone, the Sound of Sonny is a canonical smooth bop LP and an underrated gem in Sonny Rollins' brilliant catalog.;Track List:1. The Last Time I Saw Paris;2. Just in Time;3. Toot Toot Tootsie;4. What Is There to Say;5. Dearly Beloved;6. Evry Time We Say Goodbye;7. Cutie;8. It Could Happen to You;9. Mangoes
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.