- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
- Write a Review
- #K72844 000000000 K72844000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/21/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing housed in a Stoughton old style "tip-on" jacket. South Pacific opened on April 7, 1949 ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/21/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing housed in a Stoughton old style "tip-on" jacket. South Pacific opened on April 7, 1949 at the Majestic Theatre, and enjoyed one of the longest runs on Broadway up to that time (1, 925 performances) it deservedly won the Pulitzer Prize, along with a plethora of Tony Awards. This is the first vinyl reissue of this album cut from the original mono tapes by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound and pressed and plated at RTI. South Pacific was composed by Richard Rodgers, with lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II and book by Hammerstein and Joshua Logan. The plot of the musical is based on James A. Michener's Pulitzer Prize-winning 1947 book Tales of the South Pacific and combines elements of several of those stories. Rodgers and Hammerstein believed they could write a musical based on Michener's work that would be financially successful and, at the same time, would send a strong progressive message on racism.;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.