- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Special Ed - Special Ed
- Write a Review
- #K80935 000000000 K80935000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/25/2015;Notes:"I'm kinda young / But my tongue speaks maturity" Thus stated Special Ed, on his 1989 smash hit, "I Got It Made." And h...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/25/2015;Notes:"I'm kinda young / But my tongue speaks maturity" Thus stated Special Ed, on his 1989 smash hit, "I Got It Made." And he backed up that brag throughout his trademark anthem, which featured laid-back brags that MCs a half-decade his senior couldn't mess with. The Brooklyn MC was only 16 when it was released, making him one of the youngest rappers - especially at the time, before the 90s brought us Kris Kross and Lil Bow Wow - to ever have a hip-hop hit. The song itself, which floated over a perfectly hooked up slice of Ripple's "I Don't Know What It Is, But It Sure Is Funky," was produced by Hitman Howie Tee, who also made waves in the late '80s with his cousin, Chubb Rock. When Ed and Howie combined, it was a match made in heaven, and the song exploded in New York before taking over worldwide. Eventually becoming sample fodder on dozens of later songs - from Fat Joe to Kendrick Lamar - the track still invokes heavy head-nods today from crowds of all ages. Also included on this special 7-inch is the "Businesslike Version" of the song (also produced by Howie), which also appeared on the original 12-inch. Featuring a minimal, synth-driven backdrop and a quicker pace, it offers an excellent new way to experience Ed's forward-thinking lyricism. This unique, deluxe "big hole" 7-inch comes housed in a custom Profile 45 jacket.;Track List:1. I Got It Made;2. I Got It Made (Businesslike Version);3. Criminology;4. Glaciers of Ice
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.