- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Spectrum - Forever Alien
- Write a Review
- #K66683 000000000 K66683000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:12/02/2016;Notes:Double vinyl LP pressing in gatefold jacket. When Spacemen 3 - the seminal, drone-indulgent English psych duo comprised...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:12/02/2016;Notes:Double vinyl LP pressing in gatefold jacket. When Spacemen 3 - the seminal, drone-indulgent English psych duo comprised of Peter Kember and Jason Pierce - split in 1991, Pierce shuffled off to acclaim in Spiritualized. Meanwhile, Kember charted a less predictable course. As Sonic Boom, he released Spectrum in 1990, then, after taking a liking to that handle, released Soul Kill (Glide Divide) as Spectrum in 1992. Kember alternated between those monikers and Experimental Audio Research (E.A.R.) throughout the 1990s, building a rich, probing catalog of synth and electronic explorations of which 1997's Forever Alien is an undeniable highpoint. With theremin, vocoder, and an array of modular analog synthesizers (depicted lovingly in the cover art) Kember, along with Alf Hardy and Pete Bassman, fused cosmische abstraction and the pulsation of minimalist composition to more traditional psych elements epitomized by early Pink Floyd. Landing between the unfettered experiments of E.A.R. and Spacemen 3's songcraft ("How Does it Feel?" is scarily reimagined), Kember crafts unnerving atmosphere on the title track and an enduring catalog high point on the consummate opener, "Feels Like I'm Slipping Away." Forever Alien leaves no doubts about the reasons for Kemper's sought-after production today (he played a vital role for Animal Collective and sculpted Panda Bear's most recent album) - nor the essential status of his post-Spacemen 3 output.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.