- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Stan Getz - Focus
- Write a Review
- #K86866 000000000 K86866000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/18/2014;Notes:Limited 180 gm vinyl LP repressing including one bonus track. This release includes one of the earliest recordings of S...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/18/2014;Notes:Limited 180 gm vinyl LP repressing including one bonus track. This release includes one of the earliest recordings of Stan Getz with strings, made right before his forays into Bossa Nova. Focus was more of a conceptual album, with all pieces composed by Eddie Sauter especially for the saxophonist to improvise upon. This formula of a jazz master improvising on a newly written orchestral composition (instead of arrangements of well known standards) wasn't completely new either - the best precedent was Charlie Parker's playing on Neal Hefti's Repetition - but it was much less common. Getz and Eddie Sauter would work together again in 1964, when the saxophonist recorded Sauter's score for the Arthur Penn film Mickey One.;Track List:1. I'm Late I'm Late;2. Her;3. Pan;4. I Remember When;5. Night Rider;6. Once Upon a Time;7. A Summer Afternoon;8. Round Midnight
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.