- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Stan Getz - Live in Dusseldorf 1960
- Write a Review
- #K89509 000000000 K89509000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:01/13/2015;Notes:Great performance by stan getz, lots of fast tunes with the always smooth tenor sax sound typical of getz. Unreleased, ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:01/13/2015;Notes:Great performance by stan getz, lots of fast tunes with the always smooth tenor sax sound typical of getz. Unreleased, original remastered concert recording! Available on collectible 180-gram vinyl! Impresario Norman Granz had moved to Switzerland in 1959. He coordinated his Jazz at the Philharmonic tours from there, which at that time were very successful in Europe. In the following year, he even sent off two all-star casts under the slogan Norman Granz's Jazz at the Philharmonic Presents Jazz Winners of 1960. The first cast was made up of Ella Fitzgerald, Roy Eldridge, the Jimmy Giuffre Trio, and the Shelly Manne Quintet, while the second cast brought together the Miles Davis Quintet, the Oscar Peterson Trio, and the Stan Getz Quartet. At Dusseldorf's Rheinhalle theater, Stan Getz was on stage with his own quartet. The playbill announced the saxophonist's Scandinavian band however, prior to the tour he had dismissed several of it's members and so the cast instead included Ray Brown and Ed Thigpen, two fellow Americans. Approximately nine months after the concert in Dusseldorf, the expatriate made his comeback in the U.S. and shortly afterwards became world renowned not only among jazz enthusiasts but also with a much wider audience, thanks to the growing popularity of bossa nova music.;Track List:1. Out of Nowhere;2. Woody 'N You;3. The Thrill is Gone;4. Out of Nowhere [Alternative Track];5. Pernod
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.