- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Steve Monite - Only You
- Write a Review
- #K76147 000000000 K76147000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/12/2017;Notes:LP version. PMG present a reissue of Steve Monite's Only You, originally released in 1984. "Steve Monite's album, Only ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/12/2017;Notes:LP version. PMG present a reissue of Steve Monite's Only You, originally released in 1984. "Steve Monite's album, Only You, is a prime slab of Nigerian boogie. It's sinewy, compact and sexy, a little bit of disco mixed with a big dose of funk. Loose and groovy, it's a sonic seduction from another dimension. With legendary producer Tony Okoroji at the desk, and influential musician and sound engineer, Nkono Teles, creating magic on the synth, the title track is raw and melodic, dark and sweet at the same time. Steve sings about putting out a fire, but the music, and Stella Monye's sultry backing vocals, stoke it with aural gasoline. You've never heard a song less likely to lower the temperature and let cooler heads prevail. While never quite reaching the heights of 'Only You', 'Welcome My Love', and 'Things Fall Apart' keep the groove going, the later with a distinctly Latin swing. A couple of extended 'Disco Jams' and an obligatory, romantic ballad ('I Had A Dream') round out the record. In all honesty, however, it is 'Only You' that you'll keep going back to. It's a killer track, an Afro boogie classic that would hold it's own on any dancefloor in the world, whether in the '80s or today." -Peter Moore;Track List:1. Only You;2. I Had a Dream;3. Things Fall Apart (Disco Jam);4. Welcome My Love;5. Only You (Disco Jam);6. Things Fall Apart (Vocal)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.