- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Stevie Ray Vaughan - The Sky Is Crying
- K58748 000000000 K58748000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/23/2016;Notes:200gm vinyl LP pressing. Comprised of ten previously unreleased studio performances Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Troub...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/23/2016;Notes:200gm vinyl LP pressing. Comprised of ten previously unreleased studio performances Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble cut between late 1984 and early 1989, The Sky Is Crying serves as the legendary guitarist's unofficial "fifth" album as well as an homage to extraordinary musician's exceptional abilities as a musician, songwriter and interpreter. It also contains the tremendously moving "Life By the Drop," the first-ever recorded take of Vaughan playing acoustic guitar. Few, if any, posthumous collections are more complete, satisfying, and revealing as this 1990 set. When Vaughan was killed in a helicopter crash in August 1990, his brother, Jimmie, set to work on finding finished material that his younger sibling left in the vaults. To his surprise, there weren't many completed leftovers, save for the tracks on this set, which lent to the opinion that, in some way, Vaughan intended The Sky Is Crying to be an actual record. Nearly every song here had long found it's way into the group's live sets, including the supremely soulful title track, bathed in Reese Wynan's warm organ accompaniment. It would be a standout on most albums, but this effort is filled with such nonpareil matter.;Track List:1. Boot Hill;2. The Sky Is Crying;3. Empty Arms;4. Little Wing;5. Wham;6. May I Have a Talk with You;7. Close to You;8. Chitlins Con Carne;9. So Excited;10. Life By the Drop;Special Attributes:200 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.