- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Street Sects - Rat Jacket
- Write a Review
- #K73914 000000000 K73914000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/03/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 EP release. In 2016 Street Sects arrived with the intensity and volume of a gunshot. Their debu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/03/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 EP release. In 2016 Street Sects arrived with the intensity and volume of a gunshot. Their debut album End Position was a merciless, post-industrial declaration of suicidal intent. Now, the Austin, TX duo returns with Rat Jacket. It is not exactly a follow-up rather, it represents a brief step to the side, an intentional detour. Still maintaining their sample-based foundation, the songs here experiment with melody and organic instrumentation. The record deals with loyalty, trust, betrayal, paranoia, and the sadness and regret that comes with the acceptance of our own selfish nature. If End Position was a bullet to the head, then Rat Jacket is a knife in the back. Street Sects formed in 2013 after vocalist Leo Ashline emerged from the fog of a thirteen-year battle with addiction and began collaborating with friend and multi-instrumentalist Shaun Ringsmuth. Disgusted with life but eager for catharsis, the duo embraced the experimental attitude and disillusionment of early industrial music pioneers, eschewing traditional rock music instrumentation and arrangement in favor of modern sampling technology and harsh electronics. Together they released a series of singles and honed their fierce and confrontational live performance before releasing their debut on The Flenser.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.