- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Survival - Simmer Down
- Write a Review
- #K91518 000000000 K91518000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/11/2014;Notes:While bands like Ofege and BLO have slowly becomes household names for collectors, there are still many Nigerian bands ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/11/2014;Notes:While bands like Ofege and BLO have slowly becomes household names for collectors, there are still many Nigerian bands and albums that have remained unknown in most circles. Survival's lone effort 'Simmer Down' is one of those albums. Primarily an Afro Rock album, it contains psychedelic, soul, afrobeat, funky and progressive moments, all done in a raw nature with unpolished mixes and an underlying consistency that doesn't lose the listener. Songs are filled with fuzz guitar solos, flute solos & organ solos. Recorded by a group of talented High School students at the legendary ARC studio owned by ex-CREAM drummer Ginger Baker, this album seems to have remained under the radar until now. Filled with complete notes by the band with photos and history, including a story detailing a battle against OFEGE at the infamous 'Space Funk' competition. A limited edition pressing of 1000 copies on LP, with insert and photos and CD with 12 page booklet. A true gem from Nigeria, and one you won't find an original for anytime soon.;Track List:1. Ripples;2. Survival;3. Meditation;4. Emotions;5. Simmer Down;6. Own Kind of Trouble;7. Jungle Justice;8. Chewing Dust
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.