- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
The 3 Pieces - Vibes Of Truth
- Write a Review
- #K73799 000000000 K73799000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/22/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. The 1970s saw a plethora of great funk and jazz albums that for somewhat mystifying reasons have fai...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/22/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. The 1970s saw a plethora of great funk and jazz albums that for somewhat mystifying reasons have failed to be reissued. Sitting at home one night it occurred to me that we had better get a move on and get them out. With this in mind we are launching BGP Funk and Soul Classics: long out-of-print albums featuring the very best mastering, great packaging and some nifty sleeve notes to let you know where the album fits into the scheme of things. Vibes Of Truth is a masterpiece that covers all the bases: from soul through funk to jazz. It's been sought-after by collectors for the three club friendly tunes within it's grooves: Backed Up Against The Wall, Concrete Jungle and I Need You Girl. The album was brought to Fantasy by Donald Byrd who was enjoying great success with his productions for the Blackbyrds for them and his own jazz fusion albums on Blue Note. The Blackbyrds were former students of his from the ethnomusicology course he taught at Washington's Howard University just as was Lincoln Ross, the multi-instrumentalist leader of The 3 Pieces. Although The 3 Pieces failed to repeat the success of the Blackbyrds they created an amazing album.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.