- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
The Alarm - Declaration (30th Anniversary)
- Write a Review
- #K72398 000000000 K72398000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/09/2015;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing. 2015 release from Mike Peters and The Alarm. Reinvented 30 years since the original album wa...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/09/2015;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing. 2015 release from Mike Peters and The Alarm. Reinvented 30 years since the original album was released to dramatic effect in 1984. Stripped down and set free of the original arrangements, the songs on Declaration [30th Anniversary] have been able to move with the times and are as relevant to life today as they were when written in the early 1980's. "I felt like I could make a special record by treating the songs as if they had been written now," continues Peters. "It wasn't an easy process and I very nearly turned back a few times along the way. I had to take a very disciplined approach that was governed by the first principle The Alarm ever had, and that was to make music with an acoustic guitar, drum, harmonica and voice". Since the arrival of the White Stripes, Black Keys, Mumford & Sons etc, the world has now become accustomed to bands without a bass which is also the sonic blueprint for this 'new' Alarm album. "In 1981-1982, no one, not least me, understood how to make the sound of a band work without a bass guitar in the center of the stereo picture. Now (with only The Alarm's versatile drummer Smiley), I was able to use the studio to create a record that is not only the sound of The Alarm's original vision but also a sound that is totally in line with contemporary trends, proving that The Alarm's music has, and can, stand the test of time.";Special Attributes:ANNIVERSARY EDITION
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.