- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
The Drifters - Under the Boardwalk
- Write a Review
- #K62294 000000000 K62294000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/06/2015;Notes:Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing of the mono edition of this 1964 album. Under The Boardwalk was the fourth album by the...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/06/2015;Notes:Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing of the mono edition of this 1964 album. Under The Boardwalk was the fourth album by the R&B legends. Though Clyde McPhatter and Ben E. King had long since departed The Drifters, they were still a massively successful R&B vocal outfit as this album’s title track would prove. However, recording “Under The Boardwalk” wasn’t a walk in the park by any means. The session to record “Under The Boardwalk” was scheduled for May 20, 1964, but The Drifters lead singer Rudy Lewis was found dead that morning. The session was rescheduled for the next day, and Johnny Moore was called in to replace Lewis. He was a convenient replacement for Lewis, and stayed on as their main vocalist. The group wasn't thrilled with the song, but producer Jerry Wexler had final say on all songs they recorded, and made it clear that they were going to record "Under The Boardwalk.” Thankfully for everyone, they did. The album still includes vocals recorded with Lewis as well as some fine vocals from Charlie Thomas. The album also includes “On Broadway,” “Up On The Roof,” “Let The Music Play,” and “I’ll Take You Home.”;Track List:1. Under the Boardwalk;2. One Way Love;3. On Broadway;4. Didn't It;5. I Feel Good All Over;6. Vaya Con Dios;7. Up on the Roof;8. Rat Race;9. In the Land of Make Believe;10. If You Don't Come Back;11. Let the Music Play;12. I'll Take You Home
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.