- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
The Funkees - Now I'm A Man
- Write a Review
- #L01307 000000000 L01307000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/16/2016;Notes:PMG present a reissue of The Funkees's Now I'm A Man, originally released in 1976. Has there ever been a band as aptly ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/16/2016;Notes:PMG present a reissue of The Funkees's Now I'm A Man, originally released in 1976. Has there ever been a band as aptly named as The Funkees? Formed after the Biafran War to raise spirits in the east, they quickly conquered the dance floors of Lagos and in 1973 headed to London, playing at Ronnie Scott's and tearing up the local scene. Now I'm A Man captures the band at the height of their London-era pomp. Africans were making soca, West Indians were playing Afro-funk and discolypso blasted from boom-boxes across West London. The Funkees soaked it all up and delivered it back - funkier, tighter and louder. Bookended by two Santana-esque jams, "I'm A Man" and "303", The Funkees second album delivers slow burning Afro-beat ("Mimbo"), urgent jungle bongo chants ("Salam") and straight-ahead floor-fillers ("Dance With Me"). Little wonder that legendary BBC Radio 1 DJ John Peel, recorded two sessions with them. The Funkees soon disbanded after this album Jake Sollo joined Osibisa, Sonny Akpabio and Harry Mosco pursued successful solo careers. Now I'm A Man shows The Funkees as they burned brightly as Nigeria's most talented, inventive and funky band.;Track List:1. Now I'm a Man;2. Korfisa;3. Dance with Me;4. Mimbo;5. Patience;6. Salam;7. Time;8. 303
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.