- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
The Meters - Struttin
- Write a Review
- #K74710 000000000 K74710000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/29/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing. There is funk, and there is Funk. This here is of course the latter. Strutt...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/29/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing. There is funk, and there is Funk. This here is of course the latter. Struttin' is the third studio album by the funk group The Meters, originally released in 1970. The first single was the song 'Chicken Strut'. It reached #11 on the U.S. R&B Singles chart. It may not appear to be drastically different than it's predecessors, at least not on the surface. After all, the title of the lead single 'Chicken Strut' intentionally recalls their previous biggest 'Cissy Strut' and it has the same basic Meters groove. And if the essential sound remains unchanged, that is because that organic, earthy funk is The Meters' signature. Other groups have tried to replicate it, but nobody ever played it better. It was on this album The Meters introduced vocals to their style as well, with Art Neville's leads on covers of Ty Hunter's soulful uptown shuffle 'Darling, Darling, Darling' Jimmy Webb's groovy ballad 'Wichita Lineman' and Lee Dorsey's 'Ride Your Pony' (the Meters provided support on the original recording).
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.