- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
The Minus 5 - Of Monkees & Men
- Write a Review
- #K72699 000000000 K72699000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/19/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Scott McCaughey was eleven years old when he first heard "Last Train To Clarksville" and became a li...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/19/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Scott McCaughey was eleven years old when he first heard "Last Train To Clarksville" and became a lifelong Monkees fan in that moment. A few years ago he gathered like-minded Minus 5 cohorts, and, starting with the surreal 10-minute epic "Michael Nesmith", they crafted a song for each member, as well as one for "Boyce & Hart", the duo that wrote and produced many classic Monkees tracks. The album features nine original songs, that pay heartfelt homage to the Monkees as well as other friends and artists influential to McCaughey's musical psyche. Side One tackles each member of the Monkees in song, starting with the ten-minute epic "Michael Nesmith," and ending with "Boyce & Hart," which praises the songwriting team behind many beloved Monkees hits. Side Two bows to iconic actor Robert Ryan, the brilliantly literate Portland-based Americana band Richmond Fontaine, and, in "Blue Rickenbacker" and "Weymer Never Dies," two lost comrades that loom large in McCaughey's development into a rock and roll lifer.;Track List:1. Michael Nesmith;2. Davy Gets the Girl;3. Song for Peter Tork;4. Micky Is a Cool Drummer;5. Boyce Hart;6. Blue Rickenbacker;7. Robert Ryan Is Among Us;8. Richmond Fontaine;9. Weymer Never Dies
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.