- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
The Stooges - Stooges
- K55165 000000000 K55165000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/18/2016;Notes:Limited colored vinyl LP pressing. The Stooges is the self-titled debut studio album by American rock band The Stooges....Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/18/2016;Notes:Limited colored vinyl LP pressing. The Stooges is the self-titled debut studio album by American rock band The Stooges. It was released on August 5, 1969 by Elektra Records. Two songs, "I Wanna Be Your Dog" and "1969", were released as singles and the album peaked at number 106 on the Billboard album chart. It is considered a landmark proto-punk album. With Ron Asheton's walls of distortion, and distorted wah wah solos, textures and power chord riffs, it is also considered to have influenced hard rock. For the album, the Stooges had intended to record five songs: "I Wanna Be Your Dog", "No Fun", "1969", "Ann" and "We Will Fall". The five songs were staples-and essentially the basis-of the Stooges' live set at the time. A typical Stooges song of the period would involve two minutes of composed song followed by several minutes of improvisation. Having assumed that the five songs as normally performed would cover requirements for the album, the Stooges were told by their record label Elektra that they needed more material. According to Iggy Pop, "We handed [the five-song version of the album] in and they refused it. They said, 'There aren't enough songs!' So we lied and said, 'That's OK, we've got lots more songs.'";Track List:1. 1969 4:05;2. I Wanna Be Your Dog 3:10;3. We Will Fall 10:15;4. No Fun 5:15;5. Real Cool Time 2:29;6. Ann 3:00;7. Not Right 2:49;8. Little Doll 3:21;Special Attributes:COLORED VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.