- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
The Wave Pictures - Canvey Island Baby
- Write a Review
- #K79716 000000000 K79716000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/03/2017;Notes:Limited 10" vinyl pressing. 2017 from the acclaimed indie outfit. The always prolific The Wave Pictures release this ex...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/03/2017;Notes:Limited 10" vinyl pressing. 2017 from the acclaimed indie outfit. The always prolific The Wave Pictures release this exclusive EP with five very fine covers and an original in tribute to the legendary Wilko Johnson, mythical founder of the rhythm and blues band Dr. Feelgood. Following on from 2015's Billy Childish collaboration Great Big Flamingo Burning Moon, their recent acoustic record A Season in Hull and their LP Bamboo Diner In The Rain, The Wave Pictures pay tribute in Canvey Island Baby to one of their major influences: Wilko Johnson. For The Wave Pictures, Wilko's music is also loads and loads of fun. Citing David "he's a wonderfully idiosyncratic singer and an original songwriter, always finding a little trick in that old blues song form to make a new, poppy point". Wilko Johnson doesn't use effects pedals and neither do The Wave Pictures. They have made this EP out of fun. After all, it is homage to one of the most influential guitarists and to the career of this living legend. It is a 10" which has as part of it's title the name of his birthplace (Canvey Island), five covers of Wilko's songs and a new original The Wave Pictures song.;Track List:1. Canvey Island Baby;2. Walking on the Edge;3. Down By the Waterside;4. Paradise;5. Back in the Night;6. Barbed Wire Blues
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.