- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Thin Lizzy - Shades of a Blue Orphanage
- Write a Review
- #K74221 000000000 K74221000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/10/2015;Notes:Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing housed in a deluxe gatefold Tip-On jacket. Includes liner notes and rare archival photo...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/10/2015;Notes:Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing housed in a deluxe gatefold Tip-On jacket. Includes liner notes and rare archival photos. Thin Lizzy's second album is a nod to the past: Shades of Blue and Orphanage were former outfits of two of the band's members, their names combined to create an oddly evocative image-especially when combined with a sepia-tinted image cover of three small, shoeless children intended to represent vocalist Phil Lynott, guitarist Eric Bell, and drummer Brian Downey. Released in 1972, just three years after the band formed in Dublin, it's fair to say that Shades of a Blue Orphanage represents a group on the move, still finding their feet, and possibly bending to the will of a record label who didn't quite know what to do with a multiracial, multi-faith rock band from a sectarian country. Sales of their debut album, Thin Lizzy, had been poor, and Shades of a Blue Orphanage wasn't the one to turn their fortunes around. Still, it's fascinating listening for even those with a passing interest in their history.;Special Attributes:GATEFOLD LP JACKET, 180 GRAM VINYL, 24 BIT REMASTERED
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.