- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tyondai Braxton - Hive1
- Write a Review
- #K71072 000000000 K71072000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/12/2015;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2015 album from the former Battles member. Written and recorded throughout 2013 and 2014, Hive1 mark...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/12/2015;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2015 album from the former Battles member. Written and recorded throughout 2013 and 2014, Hive1 marks a new direction for Tyondai Braxton: his first album in six years, since 2009's Central Market, and his first recording for Nonesuch. Most significantly-after having several of his large-scale orchestral works performed by the Los Angeles Philharmonic, London Sinfonietta, and Wordless Music Orchestra-Hive1 is the composer's first fully realized work of purely electronic music since his earlier loop-based music in the early 2000's, and an unmistakable swerve away from Braxton's signature materials and musical concerns to date. Where the dominant influence on Central Market was the Stravinsky of Petrushka and The Rite of Spring, Hive1 draws more from the mid-20th century avant-garde, a world inhabited by the likes of Varèse, Xenakis, and Stockhausen-along with the more contemporary examples of Florian Hecker, Carston Nicolai/Raster Noton, and Braxton's frequent collaborator Ben Vida, who appears as a performer in Hive 1. Where Central Market was scored for a small army of strings, guitars, horns, kazoos, and singers, the music of Hive1 derives from the abrasive textures and manipulation of organic and synthesized sounds.;Track List:1. Gracka;2. Boids;3. Outpost;4. Studio Mariacha;5. Amlochley;6. Galaveda;7. K2;8. Scout1
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.