- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Various Artists - Freedom Rhythm & Sound Revolutionary Jazz 1965-80, Vol. 1
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K84013 000000000 K84013000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:01/22/2013;Notes:Vol. 1. Double vinyl LP pressing. Vol. 2 available separately. Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and the civil rights movem...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:01/22/2013;Notes:Vol. 1. Double vinyl LP pressing. Vol. 2 available separately. Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and the civil rights movement of the 1960s loom large as self-determination, economic power and musical freedom led to revolutionary Jazz artists finding new paths - both musical and economic. Concurrent with the emergence of the counter culture and underground Rock movement in the 1960s and years before the D-I-Y cultural revolution of Punk in the 1970 s, Sun Ra, John Coltrane, Pharoah Sanders, Don Cherry, Ornette Coleman, the Art Ensemble of Chicago and others 'took control' of their own work by recording, releasing and distributing their own music themselves. This double disc set features many hidden gems of records made on very small run cottage-industry Jazz labels from this period - the original DIY. Records! Soul Jazz.;Track List:1. Oliver Lake/Ntu - Africa;2. Stanton David' Ghetto/Mysticism - Space;3. Steve Colson the Unity Troupe - Lateen;4. Mary Lou Williams - Miss D.D;5. Joe Henderson - Foregone Conclusion;6. Art Ensemble of Chicago - Old Time Religion;7. Philip Cohran the Artistic Heritage Ensemble - the African Look;8. Gary Bartz Ntu Troop - the Drinking Song;9. Pheeroan Ak Laff - 3 in 1;10. The Hastings Street Jazz Experienece - Yes Lord;11. Ralph Thomas - Big Spliff
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.