- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Various Artists - Malam Minggu: Saturday Night in Sunda
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L67582 000000000 L67582000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/19/2019;Notes:Akuphone resumes it's reissue operations with it's latest compilation, Malam Minggu: A Saturday Night In Sunda. This re...Click To Read More About This Product
Release Date:04/19/2019;Notes:Akuphone resumes it's reissue operations with it's latest compilation, Malam Minggu: A Saturday Night In Sunda. This release brings us once again to Southeast Asia, with a stopover in the Indonesian archipelago - to the region of Sunda in western Java. As it's name suggests, this collection immerses us in the vibes of Sundanese nights at the turn of the 1980s. During the post-independence climate of the 1960s, Presidents Sukarno and Suharto encouraged artists to renew and innovate traditional Indonesian art forms in an attempt to limit and control the spread of Western music - which was banned from broadcasting in 1961. This policy saw a revival of traditional musical styles like gamelan degung, and the emergence of Indonesian singing genres: jaipong and pop sunda. Recorded between 1978 and 1985, this unique and surprising selection presents some of the most popular artists of the time, such as Nano S. and Tati Saleh. It is richly documented by Southeast Asian music specialist Edouard Degay Delpeuch. Also features: Group Gentra Madya, Tati Saleh & Marriza Group, and Mang Memed Group.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.