- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Various Artists - Nouvelle Vague: Pop Mambo Cha Cha Jazz / Various
- Write a Review
- #K72628 000000000 K72628000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/07/2017;Notes:Part one of two LP versions. Nouvelle vague is a mythical movement that redefined France's canons, not only in film but...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/07/2017;Notes:Part one of two LP versions. Nouvelle vague is a mythical movement that redefined France's canons, not only in film but also music. A time - the late '50s and early '60s - when all the young musicians broke free from the older generation and created their own movement drawing from a large palette of influences. From jazz and soundtracks to bossa nova, folk and cha cha, this set brings you the unique sound of French pop during the nouvelle vague years. Featuring sophisticated pop songs by Serge Gainsbourg, Francoise Hardy, and Claude Nougaro as well as the crème of nouvelle vague soundtracks - including The 400 Blows (1959), Breathless (1960), Lola (1961), Cleo From 5 To 7 (1962) - and a cool mix of rare tracks by Rita Cadillac (an ex of Alain Delon), Christiane Legrand, and the jazz vocal groups Les Blue Stars. Tune up to the cool French sounds of the nouvelle vague - pop, mambo, cha cha, jazz, bossa nova with a French touch. The 40 track compilation comes with an essay, with track-by-track analysis, from French journalist Jacques Denis. Vol. 1 LP features: Serge Gainsbourg, Anna Karina, Jeanne Moreau, Martial Solal, Claude Nougaro, Francoise Hardy, Bob Azzam, Charles Aznavour, Jacqueline Boyer, Richard Anthony, Art Blakey, Henri Salvador, Zizi Jeanmaire, Les Double Six, Alain Romans, Gillian Hills, Jean Constantin, Jean Yanne, Michel Legrand, and Charles Trenet.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.