- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Various Artists - Soul Safari Presents Township Jive & Kwela / Var
- Write a Review
- #K79414 000000000 K79414000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:12/02/2016;Notes:The fourth issue in the Township Jive & Kwela Jazz series features 16 early vocal and jazzy tunes from the "Golden Age"...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:12/02/2016;Notes:The fourth issue in the Township Jive & Kwela Jazz series features 16 early vocal and jazzy tunes from the "Golden Age" of jive and kwela in South Africa. These pearls of musical genius were recorded in the glory years of jive and kwela, 1940 to 1965. On side A, it is not difficult to recognize the similarities to American popular music like R&B and small-combo close-harmony singing. In contrast, that typical South African swing, jive and incredibly smooth form of African jazz is on side B. The rarest and most treasured finds are collected here, some with the original spoken introductions, "sketches" as these were called and characteristic conversations between the musicians - often in a humoristic slang and always extremely funny. Originally released on fragile shellac discs only. Shellac is a very delicate material but the music survived thanks to the archives of ILAM (the International Library of African Music), in Grahamstown, South Africa. A truly great source of South African music is being preserved here for new generations, to inspire young and hopeful musicians and singers from all over the world. Pressed on 180 gram vinyl. Features: Izintombi Zesi Manje Manje, Maphela, Mississippi Brothers, Beauty Diloane, Susan Gabashane & Her Honeybees, Alabhama Kids, Black Duke, Peter Makana and Alfred Dlezi & Dlamini.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.