- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Various Artists - Southern Funkin-Louisiana Soul 1967-75
- Write a Review
- #K58982 000000000 K58982000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/19/2005;Notes:BGP returns with a foray into the unique and funky sounds that emanated from Louisiana from the late 60s through to the...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/19/2005;Notes:BGP returns with a foray into the unique and funky sounds that emanated from Louisiana from the late 60s through to the early 70s. The State has it's own original take on black music influenced by New Orleans and tinged with the flavor of the area's Creole culture, which for a large part is separate and self-sufficient from the mainstream of American life this makes many of these not only highly desirable, but impossible to find. As ever with a BGP compilation we have unearthed some stone rarities and dance floor winners. The super-rare 'One Day' by Tabby Thomas, that sells for nearly a $1000 on the infrequent occasions when it comes up for sale, is one of funk's holy grails, and the low-down and dirty 'I Got a Groove' by JJ Caillier also rarely surfaces. Katie Webster's 'Hell Or High Water' is a fine example of "Sister Funk" that would rock any dance floor.;Track List:1. Wish You Were Here;2. I Got a Groove;3. Black Water Gold;4. One Day;5. Soul Time;6. Soul Brother's Testify Pt.1;7. Bury the Hatchet;8. Crazy Girl Pt.1;9. Stop;10. Miss Hard to Get;11. Fix It;12. I'm Gonna Put My Foot Down;13. No Sad Times;14. Concentration;15. Be a Man;16. Hell or High Water;17. Everybody's Doin' It;18. Proud Man;19. Soul Power;20. Put It on;21. Soul Feeling Pt.1;22. Soul Feeling Pt.2
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.