- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Various Artists - Super Fly
- Write a Review
- K55658 000000000 K55658000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/10/2009;Notes:SUPER FLY - Curtis Mayfield - O.S.T. Superfly is the third studio album by American soul musician Curtis Mayfield, rele...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/10/2009;Notes:SUPER FLY - Curtis Mayfield - O.S.T. Superfly is the third studio album by American soul musician Curtis Mayfield, released in July 1972 on Curtom Records. It was released as the soundtrack for the Blaxploitation film of the same name. Widely considered a classic of 1970s soul and funk music, Super Fly was a nearly immediate hit. It's sales were bolstered by two million-selling singles, "Freddie's Dead" (#2 R&B, #4 Pop) and the title track (#5 R&B, #8 Pop). Super Fly is one of the few soundtracks to out-gross the film it accompanied. Superfly, along with Marvin Gaye's What's Going On, was one of the pioneering soul concept albums, with it's then-unique socially aware lyrics about poverty and drug abuse making the album stand out. The film and the soundtrack may be perceived as dissonant, since the film holds rather ambiguous views on drug dealers, whereas Curtis Mayfield's position is far more critical. Like What's Going On, the album was a surprise hit that record executives felt had little chance at significant sales. Due to it's success, Mayfield was tapped for several film soundtracks over the course of the decade.;Track List:1. Little Child Running Wild 5:15;2. Pusherman 4:50;3. Freddie's Dead 5:08;4. Junkie Chase (Instrumental) 1:52;5. Give Me Your Love (Love Song) 4:15;6. Eddie You Should Know Better 2:14;7. No Thing on Me (Cocaine Song) 4:52;8. Think (Instrumental) 3:44;9. Superfly 3:51
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.