- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Various Artists - The Trip
- Write a Review
- #K68897 000000000 K68897000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/10/2015;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing including flyer insert and digital download. Legendary director Roger Corman, known for his "B" films...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/10/2015;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing including flyer insert and digital download. Legendary director Roger Corman, known for his "B" films for the American International Pictures, had filmed The Trip about an LSD trip. The filming was done during a 17 day period beginning in mid-March 1967 and ending in early April in and around Sunset Strip in Los Angeles and starred Peter Fonda, Susan Strasberg, Bruce Dern, Salli Sachse and Dennie Hopper. Gram Parson's International Submarine Band was originally suggested to record the soundtrack but Corman did not feel that Parson's group's music fit the movie. Peter Fonda suggested Mike Bloomfield's band, Electric Flag, which did not yet have a name. The recording was done over a ten day period for Sidewalk Records, owned by Mike Curb, which had distribution through Capitol Records. The movie was released in August and the soundtrack was released a short time later. It was a landmark album that broke barriers. It featured a mixed racial group that played a unique blend of Blues, Rock, Classical and Avant-garde music-the first Rock band to have horns (ahead of Chicago and Blood, Sweat and Tears) and the first to feature a Moog synthesizer. Since the band did not have a name at the time, the group was credited as The American Music Band.;Special Attributes:DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.