- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Wellingtons - Song for Kim
- Write a Review
- L28574 000000000 L28574000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/07/2008;Notes:The Wellingtons are everything that's fun, smart quirky about indie guitar pop - sunshine hooks, big choruses and girl-...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/07/2008;Notes:The Wellingtons are everything that's fun, smart quirky about indie guitar pop - sunshine hooks, big choruses and girl-boy harmonies. Take two infectious, feel-good tunes, add a shiny dollop of punchy pop on the top and you have their debut vinyl double-A side single Song For Kim/Freak Out. Tight, riffy guitars and retro-style saccharine harmonies will reel you in. Sounding like a youthful Weezer, the five-piece wear their American-pop influences on their sleeves with these perfect (almost) two-minute pop songs. The double A-side vinyl single features the effervescent Freak Out and the sparkling Song For Kim - a stomping slice of guitar driven glee written as a fan dedication to Kim Shattuck, lead singer of mid-90s SubPop band The Muffs. "I've been an enormous fan of The Muffs for a long time," says lead singer Zac, "and while on tour in America last year, we actually got to support them at a festival. We met and chatted, and when I wrote Freak Out, I asked Kim to sing backing vocals on the track and she agreed!" So with one side dedicated to indie fandom and the other featuring the very same object of desire, it's an odd, but good twist of fate. Only physically available on numbered 500-copy limited-edition 7" vinyl, every copy of Song For Kim/Freak Out includes a handmade-by-the-band screen-printed insert. Don't miss out! If you like what you hear, check out their album Heading North For The Winter!;Track List:1. Song for Kim
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.