- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
William Elliott Whitmore - Radium Death
- Write a Review
- #K72911 000000000 K72911000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:03/31/2015;Notes:Known for the sparse, haunting qualities of his mostly solo recordings of what he refers to as 'roots-folk music,' in w...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:03/31/2015;Notes:Known for the sparse, haunting qualities of his mostly solo recordings of what he refers to as 'roots-folk music,' in which his husky voice is often accompanied by little more than a banjo or acoustic guitar, William Elliott Whitmore sought to add some new pitches to his bullpen for his new ANTI- release Radium Death. 'I purposefully went into it wanting to make a little bit of a departure, sonically, using an electric guitar a little bit more and adding more instrumentation, more full-band type stuff,' says Whitmore. 'I wanted to switch it up a little bit and plug in to see what that felt like.' 'I was reading a lot about the so-called 'radium girls' of the early 1900's, these assembly lines of women painting watch dials with radium to make them glow in the dark,' he says, detailing how the workers would lick the tips of their paintbrushes to get them pointy while dipping them repeatedly into the chemical substance before it was known to be dangerous. 'So, in my mind 'radium death' came to represent something that you're told is good for you-maybe by a higher power-but really is killing you. It represents those lies that are told, and how we can protect ourselves against them.' The songs assembled, while not a concept album, present a cohesive look into those recurring Whitmore themes of respect, protection, sustenance and survival.;Special Attributes:DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.