- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Women - Public Strain
- Write a Review
- #K65987 000000000 K65987000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/28/2010;Notes:On their debut self-titled album, Women embraced sonic brashness that with deeper examination revealed to be tinted wit...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/28/2010;Notes:On their debut self-titled album, Women embraced sonic brashness that with deeper examination revealed to be tinted with sly pop melody. With Public Strain the band honed a sound truthful to that reverb-drenched noise while allowing the pop sensibilities to surface into clearer focus. The band are often compared to classic acts such as the Velvet Underground and the Zombies. From the opening strains of "Can't You See" it's clear that the album is far more than just a continuation of their debut. Resting upon Matt Flegel's plodding bass line, Patrick Flegel's deadpan vocal delivery, and Chris Reimer on bowed guitars and cello, this moody, nocturnal ballad opens the album on a dark note. This exact balance of delicate and dense is a pervasive thread throughout the album, reflecting the contradiction of the band's environment buried in urban sprawl framed by prairie landscape. Whether twisting through the urgent krautrock of "Locust Valley," an exercise of harmony through simplicity, or climaxing with the bittersweet melody of "Eyesore," the album somehow builds luminous contrast out of a palette of grays. Public Strain cycles through insomnia, paranoia, resignation and euphoria, to capture a band with an undeniable voice coming into full awareness of their craft.;Track List:1. Can't You See;2. Heat Distraction;3. Narrow with the Hall;4. Penal Colony;5. Bells;6. China Steps;7. Untogether;8. Drag Open;9. Locust Valley;10. Venice Lockjaw;11. Eyesore
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.