- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Wreck & Reference - Black Cassette
- Write a Review
- #K80820 000000000 K80820000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/25/2017;Notes:Twelve inch vinyl pressing. Back in 2011, experimental upstarts Wreck And Reference self-released their debut EP, Black...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/25/2017;Notes:Twelve inch vinyl pressing. Back in 2011, experimental upstarts Wreck And Reference self-released their debut EP, Black Cassette. Drawing on the blown-out intensity of black metal and the angularity of noise rock, their radical vision captivated the underground music scene, including The Flenser. It was immediately apparent that the band's intriguing realm of heavy music represented an existential challenge to genre orthodoxy. Their crashing riffs and abrasive noise, fraught with themes of determinism and Cormac McCarthy-esque isolation, were a breath of apocalyptic air in an often stagnant world. But the most surprising aspect of their artfully constructed sound was that the duo utilized only samples and live drums to create it. Recorded in a garage in the "howling wastelands" of California, this was originally self-released by the band as a limited cassette in 2011, then as a limited CDr on Music Ruins Lives. Later that year it was remastered for a vinyl release by The Flenser. That version is long sold out and has become a sought-after collector's item. Now it has been re-pressed on vinyl from the original master for the first time since it's initial run with brand new artwork. "The California duo Wreck and Reference strip away the basics of metal, redefining the genre even as they sit outside it." -Pitchfork. "Weirdly heavy and unnerving." -NPR.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.