- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
XL Middleton - Things Are Happening
- Write a Review
- #K74067 000000000 K74067000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/06/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release. Things are happening. It's a perpetual truth and something of a mysterious, even omino...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/06/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release. Things are happening. It's a perpetual truth and something of a mysterious, even ominous, sentiment as it applies to XL Middleton's follow up to Tap Water. Fittingly, the content of Things Are Happening strays down darker or more cynical paths than it's predecessor, and in doing so takes the modern funk ethos as a whole beyond tried and true formulas such as love songs or spiritual anthems. The grooves remain up-tempo the synth work is still warm and percussive. But, there's a heavier story to tell, and greater truths to face. Some might argue that the internalized nature of Things Are Happening is badly timed, with the hyper-politicized environment we are now living in almost demanding social commentary in art above all else. However, this album is a reminder that, no matter who the president is or what global woes we are facing, we also exist outside of the collective mind and have our own individual stories to tell.;Track List:1. Never Have Too Many Freaks;2. Look Who's Talkin';3. Ice Level;4. Purple Sheets;5. Paradise of Pavement (Feat. Zackey Force Funk);6. Better Friend (Feat. Moniquea);7. Prelude to the Invasion;8. Enjoy the Ride;9. Gotta Let You Go;10. They Don't Wanna Leave Me
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.