- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yngwie Malmsteen - Rising Force
- Write a Review
- #K60588 000000000 K60588000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/25/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing. Rising Force is the first studio album by guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen, released on 5 Ma...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/25/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing. Rising Force is the first studio album by guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen, released on 5 March 1984 through Polydor Records. The album reached #14 on the Swedish albums chart, #60 on the US Billboard 200, and received a nomination for Best Rock Instrumental Performance at the 1986 Grammy Awards. It is regarded as a seminal release in the shred and neo-classical metal genres. Steve Huey at AllMusic gave Rising Force four stars out of five, calling it 'a revelation' upon it's release and 'The true inauguration of the age of the guitar shredder'. He praised Malmsteen's technique and 'blinding virtuosity', as well as highlighting 'his obsessions with Bach, Beethoven and Paganini'. In a 2009 article by Guitar World magazine, Rising Force was ranked first in the all-time top ten list of shred albums. The staff wrote: 'Yngwie J. Malmsteen was, is, and always will be the greatest shredder of all time. Hell, he invented the genre with his debut'. 'Black Star' and 'Far Beyond the Sun' have endured as two of Malmsteen's most popular songs, as well as being staples of his live set-list. In a 2008 Guitar World interview, Malmsteen said of the two songs: 'I'll probably play 'Far Beyond the Sun' and 'Black Star' until the day I die'.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.