- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Young Fathers - Dead
- Write a Review
- #K72848 000000000 K72848000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/01/2014;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2014 album from the Edinburgh trio. Young Fathers craft Pop songs disguised as Psychedelic Hip Hop d...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/01/2014;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2014 album from the Edinburgh trio. Young Fathers craft Pop songs disguised as Psychedelic Hip Hop disguised as an improvised explosive device. Three musicians comprise the bomb squad: Alloysious Massaquoi, Kayus Bankole, and G Hastings. They are Scottish of African descent, outsiders by constitution and temperament. Comparisons have been made to Shabazz Palaces, but that analogue does not quite properly fit. Young Fathers have no ancestors. They just slap the listener with concussive bass, rugged sonic layering, and jagged harmonies stacking up like scar tissue. The sounds are scuffed and f*cked up your ears are filled with funky poison. Dead is a blur of instantaneous jams and vocal ideas. Words stick out like lost limbs in quicksand. Synthesizers soar like toxic birds. The percussion alternately cracks skulls and does miniature riffs to ribcages.;Track List:1. No Way;2. Low;3. Just Another Bullet;4. War;5. Get Up;6. Dip;7. Paying;8. MMMH MMMH;9. Hangman;10. Am I Not Your Boy;11. I've Arrived
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.