- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yussef Kamaal - Black Focus
- Write a Review
- #K54574 000000000 K54574000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/11/2016;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing. 2016 release. The borders between London's musical tribes have always been porous. For Yusse...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/11/2016;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing. 2016 release. The borders between London's musical tribes have always been porous. For Yussef Kamaal, the sound of the capital - with it's hum of jungle, grime and broken beat - has shaped a self-taught, UK tipped approach to playing jazz. In the states, the genre's long-running to-and-fro with hip hop - from Robert Glasper to Kamasi Washington - has reimagined it with in US culture. On Black Focus, Yussef Kamaal frame jazz inside the bass-saturated, pirate radio broadcasts of London. Taking inspiration from the anything goes spirit of '70s jazz funk, on albums by Herbie Hancock or the Mahavishnu Orchestra, it's a loose template with plenty of room to experiment. The pair, made up of Yussef Dayes and Kamaal Williams (aka Henry Wu), have had little in the way of formal training. Instead, their musical tastes - and approach to playing - are indebted to Thelonious Monk's piano as much as the drum programming of Kaidi Tatham.;Track List:1. Black Focus;2. Strings of Light;3. Remembrance;4. Yo Chavez;5. Ayla;6. O.G;7. Lowrider;8. Mansur's Message;9. Wingtai Drums;10. Joint 17
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.