- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Backbeat Books Hot Hits, Cheap Demos Book
- Write a Review
- Product 904173
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Rooted in real-life music business experience, not classroom theory, author Nadine Condon reveals the secrets of artist development using the creativ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A real-world guide on how to move forward in your music career
Rooted in real-life music business experience, not classroom theory, author Nadine Condon reveals the secrets of artist development using the creative process as the foundation for success, and provides solid direction for you to plan and evaluate your path to success in the music industry. In short: If you are a musician, read this book. Hot Hits, Cheap Demos shows you how to: jumpstart your music career, create a press kit and develop surefire marketing strategies, contact clubs and alternative venues, produce and promote your own shows, make an eye-catching web site, write a standout song, find a music producer, and even package a CD. Written by Nadine Condon, a 20-year music industry veteran who's been instrumental in the success of such acts as Smash Mouth, Stroke 9, Third Eye Blind and Train.
Topics in Hot Hits, Cheap Demos include...
* The top three industry secrets and 22 actions you can take right now
* How to research traditional and non traditional marketing strategies
* How to contact a club, alternative venue and other bands
* How to produce your own shows and ways to promote them
* Ways to make your website stand out, web page categories and site sins
* How to create a press kit and when to hire a publicist
* What is a hit song, how to find a producer, packaging a CD
* Facts and fiction about commercial and college radio airplay
* How and when to solicit a manager, agent and lawyer, with professional checklist
* Submission guidelines and criteria to get major label interest
* Options to major labels, publishing and performing rights info
* 12 points of practical advice to carry with you for your music career
"I think your book is the best "how to" book on the music business that I have ever read, and I've read a few... I just wish it had been written 20 years ago..." - Dan, 20+ years as a musician
"From the start, anyone who reads this will feel appreciated for whatever their current status and aspiration is in music. Whether they simply want to perform at the local open mic or take the nation by storm, they will find that Nadine is in their corner. She provides specific steps to take immediately to move beyond frustration and get to the process of making your dreams come true." - Mike, musician
- 180 pages
- Size: 9-1/4" x 6"
- Author: Nadine Condon
- ISBN: 879307625