- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Berklee Press Guide To Jazz Improvisation B Flat Edition Book/CD
- Write a Review
- H90674 000000000 H90674000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
John LaPorta's A Guide to Jazz Improvisation has helped countless musicians in developing a natural and intuitive approach to improvising. A teacher ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Legendary improv book.
John LaPorta's A Guide to Jazz Improvisation has helped countless musicians in developing a natural and intuitive approach to improvising. A teacher of jazz improvisation for over fifty years, LaPorta's unique, straight-forward, and simple approach has become the standard by which other jazz improvisation methods are measured. This book is an invaluable touchstone for every aspiring jazz musician.
A long and impressive list of famous and successful musicians credit LaPorta's method as key in their stylistic and technical development. As if this wasn't enough, this new publication comes with an interactive CD for ear and performance training, with tracks from a Berklee faculty jazz band! Jazz theory is unraveled and made clear in this clearly written and amazing book.
- Jazz theory with practical explanations and applications of the jazz language
- Rhythm training with interactive call-and-response exercises on CD
- Performance ear training with play-along and improvisation exercises on CD
- 0pporunities to improvise with a Berklee Jazz faculty band on CD!
- ISBN 0-634007629