- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hal Leonard Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble - Flute (Book/Online Audio)
- Write a Review
- 583859 000000000 583859000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble is a comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation written by renowned jazz musician and educator Mike S...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation for semi-experienced flutists.
Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble is a comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation written by renowned jazz musician and educator Mike Steinel from the University of North Texas. This series provides a great starting point for young musicians to learn the style and nuances of jazz music as well as an introduction to improvisation and more advanced concepts. Online audio examples help with your lessons.
- Every exercise and arrangement recorded by professionals
- Repeated exercises feature rhythm section only
- How jazz and "traditional" music are different
- Swing style introduced gradually using scat syllables
- Includes Swing Era, Bebop and Latin/Rock
- Includes additional specialized material for piano, guitar, bass and drums
- Rhythm players can either play along with the full band or study individually
- Jazz history and people
- Basic stylistic periods
- 7 full-band arrangements
- Carefully paced performance pieces
- Sample improvised solos included
- Starts with 2-measure phrases
- Teaches how to "jazz up" a melody
- Matches correct scales with chords
You could be the next Roland Kirk or Sonny Fortune. Put this instructional pack in the cart today!
- Width: 9.0"
- Length: 12.0"
- 32 pages