- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hal Leonard Jazz Upright Bass DVD Featuring Ed Friedland
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 907853 000000000 907853000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In this information-packed DVD, bassist Ed Friedland reveals the technical and stylistic details behind playing professional jazz upright bass throug...Click To Read More About This Product
Professional advice for the performing upright bassist.
In this information-packed DVD, bassist Ed Friedland reveals the technical and stylistic details behind playing professional jazz upright bass through live band demonstrations and detailed, step-by-step analysis. Ed's practical, direct teaching style offers easy-to-understand lessons and methodical demonstrations of each topic. The accompanying booklet includes notated versions of each example for added clarity.
- Develop stylistic left and right-hand techniques for maximum tone and sustain
- Arrange scale and arpeggio patterns for greater range and efficiency whether walking or soloing
- Deal with typical live performance challenges ” performance protocol, stock intros, endings, trading fours, and more
- Play classic stylistic variations, including Latin jazz, up-tempo tunes, the "two-feel," ballads, and 3/4 time
- Author: Ed Friedland
- Publisher: Hal Leonard
- Medium: DVD
- 6" W x 8" L