- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hal Leonard Jazz Upright Bass DVD Featuring Ed Friedland
- Write a Review
- 907853 000000000 907853000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In this information-packed DVD, bassist Ed Friedland reveals the technical and stylistic details behind playing professional jazz upright bass throug...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Professional advice for the performing upright bassist.
In this information-packed DVD, bassist Ed Friedland reveals the technical and stylistic details behind playing professional jazz upright bass through live band demonstrations and detailed, step-by-step analysis. Ed's practical, direct teaching style offers easy-to-understand lessons and methodical demonstrations of each topic. The accompanying booklet includes notated versions of each example for added clarity.
- Develop stylistic left and right-hand techniques for maximum tone and sustain
- Arrange scale and arpeggio patterns for greater range and efficiency whether walking or soloing
- Deal with typical live performance challenges ” performance protocol, stock intros, endings, trading fours, and more
- Play classic stylistic variations, including Latin jazz, up-tempo tunes, the "two-feel," ballads, and 3/4 time
- Author: Ed Friedland
- Publisher: Hal Leonard
- Medium: DVD
- 6" W x 8" L