- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jamey Aebersold Jazz Phrasing For Saxophone
Book and CDs
- Write a Review
- J04751 000001000 J04751000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Jazz Phrasing for Saxophone (formerly titled Jazz Phrasing for Beginners) features ten melodic pieces which are easy to play, yet convey the essence ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Like punctuation in a sentence, good phrasing is critical.
Jazz Phrasing for Saxophone (formerly titled Jazz Phrasing for Beginners) features ten melodic pieces which are easy to play, yet convey the essence of mainstream (Swing/Bebop/Bossa) jazz vocabulary. The pieces are catchy and melodic, demonstrating the use of sequence and voice-leading to make a musical statement.
The book includes two play-along CDs (one for alto and one for tenor) featuring a world-class rhythm section, plus Greg Fishman demonstrating each piece. In addition, there are play-along tracks with just the rhythm section, so students have the option of playing along with Greg Fishman or with just the rhythm section.
Jazz Phrasing for Saxophone is the "prequel" to Greg Fishman's more advanced books, Jazz Saxophone Etudes and Jazz Saxophone Duets, and will provide valuable insights into a melodic approach to jazz improvisation. This book is recommended for saxophonists of all levels who wish to improve their tone, articulation, phrasing, and understanding of thematic development.
- Suggested Use Section - Provides detailed instructions on a variety of ways to work with the book.
- Idiomatically Correct - Both Alto and Tenor read the same written part - every song is in the perfect register.
- Style & Analysis Section - Provides clear, concise explanations of sequence, variation and voice-leading
- Thematic Index - Lets you compare the opening themes of all ten songs in a convenient two page "at-a-glance" format. Also includes detailed information on the opening interval of each song, as well as harmonic context of the opening interval.
Increase your jazz vocabulary. Order today.