- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jamey Aebersold Jazz Phrasing For Trumpet
Book and CDs
- Write a Review
- J04746 000001000 J04746000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Jazz Phrasing for Trumpet features ten melodic pieces which are easy to play, yet convey the essence of mainstream (Swing/Bebop/Bossa) jazz vocabular...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Like punctuation in a sentence, good phrasing is critical.
Jazz Phrasing for Trumpet features ten melodic pieces which are easy to play, yet convey the essence of mainstream (Swing/Bebop/Bossa) jazz vocabulary. The pieces are catchy and melodic, demonstrating the use of sequence and voice-leading to make a musical statement.
This book includes a play-along CD featuring master trumpeter Victor Garcia playing each song with a world-class rhythm section. The CD also includes tracks featuring Greg Fishman demonstrating each song on alto saxophone, giving trumpet players the option of playing along with Victor Garcia on trumpet or with Greg Fishman on alto saxophone.
In addition, there are play-along tracks featuring just the rhythm section. These tracks are great for practicing the songs, chords, scales, voice-leading lines and soloing over the chords progressions.
Jazz Phrasing for Trumpet will provide valuable insights into a melodic approach to jazz improvisation. This book is recommended for trumpet players of all levels who wish to improve their tone, articulation, phrasing, and understanding of thematic development.
- Suggested Use Section - Provides detailed instructions on a variety of ways to work with the book.
- Style & Analysis Section - Provides clear, concise explanations of sequence, variation and voice-leading
- Thematic Index - Lets you compare the opening themes of all ten songs in a convenient two page "at-a-glance" format. Also includes detailed information on the opening interval of each song, as well as harmonic context of the opening interval.
Order today and phrase like a pro.