- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jamey Aebersold Jazz Saxophone Etudes Vol. 3
Book and CDs
- Write a Review
- J04735 000001000 J04735000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Jazz Saxophone Etudes, Volume 3 features twelve melodic etudes for the advancing jazz saxophonist. These etudes focus primarily on medium tempos and ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Study material for the near and distant future.
Jazz Saxophone Etudes, Volume 3 features twelve melodic etudes for the advancing jazz saxophonist. These etudes focus primarily on medium tempos and demonstrate a melodic approach to soloing with authentic jazz vocabulary.
The etudes are catchy, fun to play, and written idiomatically for the saxophone. The etudes are based on popular chords similar to those used on: Rhythm Changes, Blues, Ipanema, Blue Bossa, Perdido, Blue Moon, How High the Moon and many others.
Like all of Greg Fishman's books, all saxophonists (soprano/alto/tenor/bari) read the same written part, ensuring that the pieces lay perfectly on the horn, while the rhythm section transposes the accompaniment to accommodate the saxophonist's range.
This book is the perfect "follow-up" for students who have completed Fishman's Jazz Phrasing for Beginners. It's also a great primer for the more advanced Jazz Saxophone Etudes, Volume 1 & 2.
- Perfect for Intermediate and Advanced Players
- Idiomatic Lines packed with real jazz vocabulary
- Blues, Rhythm Changes and Standard Chord Progressions
- World-class rhythm section features extra choruses for soloing
- Each etude demonstrated on saxophone by Greg Fishman on play-along CDs
Order today and lay out your practice strategy for the year.