- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
The Meters - Fire On the Bayou Vinyl LP
- Write a Review
- J22223 000000000 J22223000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Meters defined New Orleans funk, not only on their own recordings, but also as the backing band for numerous artists, including many produced by ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Fun, funky album from popular New Orleans collective.
The Meters defined New Orleans funk, not only on their own recordings, but also as the backing band for numerous artists, including many produced by Allen Toussaint. Where the funk of Sly Stone and James Brown was wild, careening, and determinedly urban, The Meters were down-home and earthy. Nearly all of their own recordings were instrumentals, putting the emphasis on the organic and complex rhythms. The syncopated, layered percussion intertwined with the gritty grooves of the guitar and organ, creating a distinctive sound that earned a small, devoted cult during the '70s, including musicians like Paul McCartney and Robert Palmer, both of whom used the group as a backing band for recording. Despite their reputation as an extraordinary live band, The Meters never broke into the mainstream, but their sound provided the basis for much of the funk and hip-hop of the '80s and '90s.
- Side 1
- 1. Out In The Country
- 2. Fire On The Bayou
- 3. Love Slip Upon Ya
- 4. Talkin' 'bout New Orleans
- 5. They All Ask'd For You
- Side 2
- 1. Can You Do Without?
- 2. Liar
- 3. You're A Friend Of Mine
- 4. Middle Of The Road
- 5. Running Fast
- 6. Mardi Gras Mambo
Enjoy some Cajun-flavored tunes by ordering this classic LP today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.