- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Denis Wick DW3180 Heritage Series Trombone Mouthpiece
- Write a Review
- #463209 000232214 463209000232214
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Heritage Series design is reminiscent of the mouthpieces from the Hawkes Company in the 1880s, recapturing the basic principles of their unique d...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Features high mass at key points.
The Heritage Series design is reminiscent of the mouthpieces from the Hawkes Company in the 1880s, recapturing the basic principles of their unique design and combining them with modern technology to make them even more effective. The Heritage Series features high mass at key points near the throat and backbore of the mouthpiece to provide power to the sound when needed plus an innovative upper wall thickness for sensitivity and response at softer dynamics and compensates for the added mass in other areas. This design aids in easier articulation in the upper register and creates a colorful tonal response.
- Available sizes: 00AL, 0AL, 1AL, 2AL, 2NAL, 3AL, RABL, 4AL, 4BL, 4BS, 4.5AL, 5AL, 5BL, 5BS, 6AL, 6BL, 6BS, 7CS, 9BL, 9BS, 10CS, 12CS
- Model Number: The first number refers to the cup diameter; the higher the number, the smaller the diameter
- Cup Volume: A – Deep cup; B – Medium cup; C – Shallow cup; AB – uses modified backbore for improved range
- Receiver / Shank type: L – large shank mouthpiece for large bore trombones and euphoniums; S – small shank mouthpiece for small bore trombones and baritones
- Finish: Dual plate finish--silver plate exterior finish with 23k gold rim, cup and backbore
Upgrade your performance. Order today.
- 00AL: Large shank; 28mm cup diameter; 6.40mm rim width; 8.15mm throat; Open backbore. Dark, round tone with exceptional projection and clarity. Good choice for contrabass trombone.
- 0AL: Large shank; 27.42mm cup diameter; 6.09mm rim width; 7.45mm bore; Barrel backbore. Clean, precise attacks in the low register. Great for strong, advanced players.
- 1AL: Large shank; 27.11mm cup diameter; 6.09mm rim width; 7.45mm throat; Open backbore. Open sound in all registers with perfect amount of resistance. Rich, dark tone.
- 2AL: Large shank; 27mm cup diameter; 6.73mm rim width; 7.30mm throat; Barrel backbore. Secure high register with full, dark lows. Wider rim with clear traditional bass sound. Good choice for orchestral work.
- 2NAL: Large shank; 27mm cup diameter; 6.15mm rim width; 7.30mm throat; Barrel backbore. Easy high and low register. Narrower rim with excellent flexibility and accurate attacks.
- 3AL: Large shank; 26.40mm cup diameter; 6.80mm rim width; 7.38mm throat; Barrel backbore. Great choice for tenor players that also double on bass or strong euphonium players. Wider rim and easy response.
- 4ABL: Large shank; 26mm cup diameter; 6.72mm rim width; 7.38mm throat; Medium backbore. Dark core sound with excellent flexibility. Improved high register performance.
- 4AL: Large shank; 26mm cup diameter; 6.72mm rim width; 7.38mm throat; Barrel backbore. Full low register with big, dark sound. A classic euphonium model that is also good for powerful trombonist.
- 4BL: Large shank; 25.90mm cup diameter; 6.77mm rim width; 7.13mm throat; Medium backbore. Idela for solo playing with excellent range and even tone production. Clear ringing sound with good high register.
- 4BS: Small shank; 25.90mm cup diameter; 6.77mm rim width; 7.13mm throat; Medium backbore. Big bore sound for a small bore instrument. Excellent for the well-developed embouchure that needs a large cup on a small bore trombone.
- 4.5AL: Large shank; 25.85mm cup diameter; 6.80mm rim width; 7.24mm throat; Barrel backbore. Easy blowing upper register with dark tone. Well suited for symphonic trombonist.
- 5AL: Large shank; 25.73mm cup diameter; 6.64mm rim width; 7.30mm throat; Barrel backbore. Perfect for wind ensemble and symphonic work. Deep cup and larger bore for improved projection and tone.
- 5ABL: Large shank; 25.73mm cup diameter; 6.64mm rim width; 7.15mm throat, Medium backbore. Excellent high register with a rich tone.
- 5BL: Large shank; 25.73mm cup diameter; 6.64mm rim width; 6.87mm throat, Medium backbore. Ideal for principal players with free and resonant high register.
- 5BS: Small shank; 25.73mm cup diameter; 6.64mm rim width; 6.87mm throat, Medium backbore. Gives the smaller bore trombone the qualities of a large bore instrument. Brilliant and solid high register.
- 6AL: Large shank; 25.40mm cup diameter; 6.80mm rim width; 7.20mm throat; Medium backbore. Big, full sound with even tone quality and improved high register. Ideal for concert band and brass band players.
- 6BL: Large shank; 25.30mm cup diameter; 6.26mm rim width; 6.66mm throat; V-type backbore. Medium-shallow cup design for improved high register. Great all-around mouthpiece.
- 6BS: Small shank; 25.30mm cup diameter; 6.26mm rim width; 6.66mm throat; V-type backbore. Medium-shallow cup design for improved high register. Great all-around small shank mouthpiece.
- 7CS: Small shank; 25.40mm cup diameter; 6.26mm rim width; 6.24mm throat; Medium backbore. Clean tone with clear attacks and increased flexibility. Fantastic high range.
- 9BL: Large shank; 25mm cup diameter; 6.46mm rim width; 6.66mm throat; V-type backbore. Brilliant, sonorous high register with full sound.
- 9BS: Small shank; 25mm cup diameter; 6.46mm rim width; 6.66mm throat; V-type backbore. Good all-around small shank mouthpiece. Good choice for lead playing or alto trombone.
- 10CS: Small shank; 25mm cup diameter; 6.46mm rim width; 6.24mmthroat; Medium backbore. Clean, even tone quality in all registers. Good choice for jazz or alto trombone.
- 12CS: Small shank; 24.50mm cup diameter; 6.71mm rim width; 6.10mm throat; V-type backbore. Wider, rounded rim for endurance and clear, resonant high register. Excellent jazz model.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Denis Wick Heritage Series Trombone Mouthpiece:
I bought this mouthpiece to replace my old schilke 51D. i was hoping for something that would provide a higher and lower range by a couple of notes, and something that was more comfortable to play on. I definitely found that with the 5ABL Heritage mouthpiece. It allows me to play extremely loud in any register without the worries of tone loss. I have used many Bach (4g, 5g, 6 1/2al), Schilke (51 $& 52), and various Yamaha mouthpieces, but non of them have come even close to the quality of denis wick products.
- Good Tone
- Rich Sound
Comments about Denis Wick Heritage Series Trombone Mouthpiece:
It is a beautiful mouthpiece, but I have not had time to put it through its paces, nor have I determined which instrument that it might best be suited. Beautifully constructed mouthpiece, but looks don't make it play better.