- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Denis Wick DW6880 HeavyTop Series Trombone Mouthpiece in Silver
- Write a Review
- #469713 000000212 469713000000212
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Denis Wick Heavy Top mouthpieces are designed to reduce the amount of vibration lost through the mouthpiece. By adding additional mass to differe...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Ultimate feel and stellar sound.
The Denis Wick Heavy Top mouthpieces are designed to reduce the amount of vibration lost through the mouthpiece. By adding additional mass to different areas of the mouthpiece, such as the cup, throat and backbore, this allows the mouthpiece to transfer energy more efficiently. This enhanced energy transfer results in improved projection and stability, which allows for a strong, rich centered sound.
- Available sizes: 0AL, 1AL, 4AL, 4.5AL, 5AL, 5BL, 6BL, 6BS
- Model Number: The first number refers to the cup diameter; the higher the number, the smaller the diameter
- Cup Volume: A – Deep cup; B – Medium cup
- Receiver / Shank type: L – large shank mouthpiece for large bore trombones and euphoniums; S – small shank mouthpiece for small bore trombones and baritones
- Finish: Silver plate
Upgrade your performance. Order today.
- 0AL: Large shank; 27.42mm cup diameter; 6.09mm rim width; 7.45mm throat; Barrel backbore. Clean low register with accurate attacks.
- 1AL: Large shank; 27.11mm cup diameter; 6.09 rim width; 7.45mm throat; Open backbore. Improved high range and open, free blowing sound.
- 4AL: Large shank; 26mm cup diameter; 6.72mm rim width; 7.38mm throat; Barrel backbore. Deep cup for a very big, open sound and full low register.
- 4.5AL: Large shank; 25.85mm cup diameter; 6.80mm rim width; 7.24mm throat; Barrel backbore. Wider rim for improved endurance and comfort with a big, full sound.
- 5AL: Large shank; 25.73mm cup diameter; 6.64mm rim width; 7.30mm throat; Barrel backbore. Full sound with resonant high register. Good choice for orchestral work.
- 5BL: Large shank; 25.73mm cup diameter; 6.64mm rim width; 6.87mm throat; Medium backbore. Medium-deep cup with a flexible high range. Excellent for principal players.
- 6BL: Large shank; 25.40mm cup diameter; 6.26mm rim width; 6.66mm throat; V-type backbore. Excellent high register with a crisp clear tone.
- 6BS: Small shank; 25.40mm cup diameter; 6.26mm rin width; 6.66mm throat; V-type backbore. Brilliant high register with increased endurance and intontation.